NNN Conference 2021
Enabling a Paradigm Shift to a country-led response to deliver the NTD Road Map
The 12th Annual Neglected Tropical Disease NGO (NNN) Conference will take place from Tuesday 7th - Thursday 9th September 2021.
Over the past several months, the NNN Executive Committee has worked hard to develop a virtual meeting that is both interactive and engaging and we are confident that the event will be a success.
By hosting this year’s conference as a virtual event, we have an opportunity to reach new audiences and engage organisations across different sectors, which will be critical to achieving the targets set in the WHO NTD road map.
With the theme, Enabling a paradigm shift to a country-led response to deliver the NTD Road Map, the 2021 NNN Conference is looking to be the most forward-thinking yet. This free three-day event will feature 18 exciting workshops and two rapid fire sessions highlighting the BEST Framework’s role in accelerating progress on NTDs toward 2030. The plenaries will include a high-level panel discussion and exciting NTD Innovation Prizes.
Register now for the NNN Conference 2021
*Please note that we are only able to accept a certain number of registrations for the conference, so please only register if you are certain you will attend.
Once registration is full, names will be added to a Waiting List where spaces will be offered first come first served basis. Closer to the event, for those who successfully register will be given a deadline to accept your login for the Virtual Platform. If you do not access your account on the Virtual Platform your spot will be awarded to the next person on the waiting list.
Did you miss last year's conference, "Accelerating to 2030: Building Resilient NTD Programmes in a Changing World," and want to re-watch particular sessions? See the Conference Recordings page.
Call For Workshop Submissions
To foster high levels of participation to the 2021 conference, we are now calling for workshop proposals in order to develop an engaging agenda. We have secured space for sixteen to twenty 1.5-hour workshops over the first and last day of the three-day conference. The second day of the meeting will be dedicated to disease-specific and cross-cutting groups.
The workshops will be structured under the components of the BEST (Behaviour, Environment, Social Inclusion & Equity and Treatment & Care) Framework and all aligned to the theme of the NNN 2021- Enabling a Paradigm Shift to a country-led response to deliver the NTD Road Map
We are now accepting proposals for workshops:
Submission deadline is Tuesday, June 1st 2021
Please make sure to read through the notes below before submitting your proposal. A selection committee will consider proposed workshop topics. Those that most closely align with the NNN Conference theme - Enabling a Paradigm Shift to a country-led response to deliver the NTD Road Map - and the strategic objectives of the NNN will have the strongest chance of selection.
The committee will select proposals using these criteria:
- Relevance to multiple NTDs: the workshop should provide learning relevant to multiple NTDs; disease specific workshops and presentations should be framed explicitly to enable lessons to be drawn for other diseases.
- Clear objectives: the proposal should have clear learning objectives and demonstrate how the structure of the workshop will achieve those.
- Quality of proposal: the proposal should include a clear background on the issue/s to be discussed, rationale for conducting a workshop including how the workshop will build on previous discussions, and explanation on how the workshop conclusions will be followed up by the organisers.
- Interaction and participation: The workshop should be structured to encourage audience participation. Workshops containing only presentations or panels are less likely to be selected. Given the format will be virtual, innovative approaches to elicit participation in this context are most welcome.
- Diversity of speakers/facilitators/panels: The workshop should involve a range of participants across multiple organisations including speakers from endemic countries, across genders, or persons affected by NTDs.
The committee will select proposals using these criteria:
- Whilst there are no limits to the number of workshops you can propose, during the submission process we will ask you to prioritise your submissions to maximise the number of individuals & organisations able to host a workshop. - Please note that all participants in your workshop, including any speakers, moderators and rapporteurs must register with to have access to the NNN Conference rooms, and therefore participate in the workshop.
- Workshop submissions must be sent no later than Tuesday, June 1st 2021
- Successful workshop proposals will be notified by email by Wednesday, June 23rd 2021
- Once successful applicants have been notified, they will be sent an editable Google document to develop and complete for both their Workshop Logistics and Workshop Agenda. We ask that this is completed in time for the information to be uploaded onto the system by Friday, July 30th 2021
- A secondary deadline of Friday, August 27th 2021 for selected submissions will give you four weeks to check the online platform, finalise your speakers and make any final amendments before the information is taken for the posters that will be produced for your workshop.
This meeting is an important opportunity to highlight the urgent need to bring health equity to the remaining one billion people who continue to be affected by neglected tropical diseases.
- Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO Director General to NNN 2018 conference participants.
NTD Innovation Prize
The third annual NTD Innovation Prize will occur at the 2021 NNN Conference. Abstract submission is now closed
The 2020 competition featured ideas that could lead to transformative, positive impact in the NTD space. Five finalists were revealed during the opening plenary and two were announced as winners during the closing plenary. Read more about the NTD Innovation Prize here and last year's winners here.
Election of a Vice-Chair
As usual, conference participants will elect a Vice Chair at the NNN Conference 2021. To nominate a Vice Chair for 2021-2022, please fill in the below pdf and info [at] ntd-ngonetwork [dot] org (subject: NNN%20Vice%20Chair%20nomination) (return to NNN) by 1 Sept 2021.
At the 2020 conference, we were thrilled to announce Arielle Dolegui (World Vision) as Vice Chair for the 2020-2021 year.