NNN Conference 2021
Enabling a Paradigm Shift to a country-led response to deliver the NTD Road Map
The 12th Annual Neglected Tropical Disease NGO (NNN) Conference took place from Tuesday 7th - Thursday 9th September 2021.
With the theme, Enabling a paradigm shift to a country-led response to deliver the NTD Road Map, the 2021 NNN Conference was the most forward-thinking yet. This free three-day event featured 18 exciting workshops and two rapid fire sessions highlighting the BEST Framework’s role in accelerating progress on NTDs toward 2030. The plenaries included a high-level panel discussion and exciting NTD Innovation Prizes.
Read the NNN 2021 report here
Election of a Vice-Chair
We are thrilled to announce Girija Sankar as the Vice-Chair of NNN for 2021-2022.
The role of the Vice-Chair includes:
- Providing support and advice to the Chair in decision making, acting for the Chair when the Chair is not available and undertaking assignments at the request of the Chair
- Member of the ExCo Steering Committee (SC)
- Chairing the Conference Committee
- Representing NNN in external meetings as required.
This meeting is an important opportunity to highlight the urgent need to bring health equity to the remaining one billion people who continue to be affected by neglected tropical diseases.
- Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO Director General to NNN 2018 conference participants.
NTD Innovation Prize
The third annual NTD Innovation Prize was announced at the 2021 NNN Conference.
The 2020 competition featured ideas that could lead to transformative, positive impact in the NTD space. Five finalists were revealed during the opening plenary and two were announced as winners during the closing plenary. Read more about the NTD Innovation Prize here and last year's winners here.