Conflict and Humanitarian Emergencies
This Cross-Cutting Group comprises of NNN members with an interest in learning and advocating on the challenges presented for NTD control and elimination activities presented by conflict and humanitarian emergency situations as a guide to fighting NTDs.
The key functions are:
- To drive the development and implementation of the Network’s strategy on this cross-cutting topic.
- To align with and contribute to the NNN Framework for Engagement and its objectives
- To ensure the Network’s support to the WHO NTD Roadmap is aligned with NNN objectives
- To ensure that NNN is represented in relevant forums related to conflict and emergency settings
- To identify, and plan for, an annual programme of activities that deliver, or enable the Network to deliver on, on the NNN strategy for conflict and emergency settings
- To report back to the Members on the Annual Conference on progress
- Develop and share best practice reference guidelines and operational research to inform the delivery of NTD programming in conflict and emergency situations contributing to handbooks and field guides for humanitarian emergencies (SPHERE etc)
- Gather evidence to influence change around key issues that exist and may emerge such as access to donated drugs for conflict and emergency situations and completion of WHO requirements in dealing with states experiencing security challenges
- Identify and collate evidence, and develop and disseminate best practices through the development of case studies, reference guidelines, operational research, and field guides to support NTD programme work in areas affected by conflict and humanitarian emergencies.
- Drive the development and implementation of a NNN strategy focused on NTD work in conflict and humanitarian emergencies.
- Participate in relevant forums related to conflict and humanitarian emergencies to promote collaboration between humanitarian, development and NTD sectors.