2020 NTD Innovation Prize
About the NTD Innovation Prize
American Leprosy Missions is hosting the second annual NTD Innovation Prize at the 2020 NNN Conference. This year, in partnership with Novartis, two awards will be given: a first place prize of 20,000 USD and a second place prize of 15,000 USD.
The NTD Innovation Prize is designed to encourage and support creativity and ingenuity within the NTD space and to fund new ideas that could result in cost-effective, scalable and transformative positive impact.
Abstract submission is now closed.
Call for Reviewers
ALM is looking for a diverse group of NTD and innovation experts to serve as reviewers for the 2020 NTD Innovation Prize.
The NTD Innovation Prize is designed to encourage and support creativity and ingenuity within the NTD space and to fund new ideas that could result in cost-effective, scalable and transformative positive impact. In 2020, American Leprosy Missions is partnering with Novartis to offer a first place prize of 20,000 USD and a second place prize of 15,000 USD.
The application process consists of 3 phases: a 400-word abstract, video submission and a final pitch at the NNN Conference.
ALM is seeking reviewers who meet the following criteria:
- Have robust and diverse NTD knowledge and expertise
- Are familiar with the prize priorities of BEST framework alignment or data and analytics
- Are available and willing to commit the time needed to serve as a reviewer
- Have an interest in innovation and are open to new ideas to solve existing problems
Reviewers cannot submit an abstract as part of the competition and must agree to a confidentiality and conflict of interest policy.
Reviewers are requested to:
- Read the information provided regarding the review process, criteria and rating
- Review and rate 5-15 abstracts. The exact number will vary based on the number of abstracts submitted.
- Review 2-3 semi-finalist video pitches
Abstract Reviews: Late May/Early June
Video Reviews: Early/Mid June
If you are interested in serving as a reviewer, please complete this form and a member of our team will be in touch.
Previous Prize Winner
To read about the 2019 NTD Innovation Prize winner, click here.