The NALA Foundation vision is a world free of curable diseases that perpetuate poverty.
Our mission is to break the poverty cycle by eradicating Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs) and other diseases of poverty. The NALA holistic approach works towards eliminating the root causes of those diseases, leading to sustainable poverty reduction, and healthier livelihoods by:
- Assisting national and international actors in designing and implementing programs for controlling NTDs and other diseases of poverty using community engagement and health education to facilitate behavioral change.
- Researching, developing and testing new NTD control modalities and tools.
- Advocating for holistic NTD control models with stakeholders and decision makers that promote behavioral change.
NALA's NTD control model focuses on complementing the MDA campaign with intense community engagement that include:
- Exploring together with community stakeholders the root causes of the diseases, and potential ways for mitigation and prevention.
- Intense health education on all levels including interactive tools and games.
- Community based water and sanitation improvements that are executed by the community with technical support by the NALA team.