The Task Force for Global Health
We take on the world’s worst and most intractable diseases to eliminate them or bring them firmly under public health control while strengthening health systems so that countries can protect the health of their populations.
The Task Force for Global Health is an independent, 501(c)3, nongovernmental organization based in Atlanta, GA, USA, with a field office in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. Our programs focus on eliminating diseases and protecting populations. Since our founding, we only take on problems we know can be solved, and we do it through powerful, global collaborations because we are in the business of solving problems.
We are values driven. We value the lives of all people and believe they should have equitable access to the services that lead to healthier lives.
We solve large-scale health problems by:
- Forging partnerships that catalyze action and change lives;
- Applying innovative thinking and rigorous science; and
- Practicing deep compassion for the people whom we serve.
Our Core Values:
- Collaboration – We believe that partnerships are essential, and that organizations working together have a much greater impact.
- Global Health Equity and Social Justice – We work to provide all people, especially the world’s poor, with opportunities to lead healthy, productive lives.
- Stewardship – We pride ourselves in the wise and judicious management of the resources entrusted to us.
- Consequential Compassion – We link compassion to effective actions by being aware of the suffering of others, understanding the causes of that suffering, and engaging in informed actions to alleviate it.